Wheel Questions \  Chevy Colorado

Chevy Colorado

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 1008
replies 16
following 9

clean cut creations   +1y
Originally posted by Minitrucker69

With a 22x8.5 Billet wheel do u have to narrow the rear end? or if I get a +30 or 6.5" backspace will work?

Yes, if you want it to lay and don't want the tires to rub the sheetmetal. You HAVE to narrow the rear on these to make it work unless you flare the bedsides like we did on our flamed colorado. If you look at the rear of a colorado the widest point of the truck is the middle 1/2 way up the bedsides. The more you go up with the axle the narrower the body gets. It's shaped like an egg. On the ones that we have done without flared bedsides the rear needs to be about 4" + - depending on your rear wheel offset.

clean cut creations   +1y
Originally posted by ptman2002

i just got a colorado. i was wondering the same thing. im not going to tuck but i dont want them sticking out. i want to run 22s and lower it. what backspacing shoud i run? i also want chrome not billet.

+ .15 - + .25 will not stickout if you don't plan to tuck. If you guys want to you can call the shop and I can get you all the info you would need. Click on our shop's link and go to the contact section.

BK2LIFE   +1y
i need a dark carpet for a xcab colo, and a center console, and a drivers door handle..
let me know if ya got any of this
stcaddad   +1y
Originally posted by BK2LIFE

i need a dark carpet for a xcab colo, and a center console, and a drivers door handle..let me know if ya got any of this

I have the handles for sure and preaty sure I have the console just dont remember what it looks like
minitrucker69   +1y
Even with a billet wheel you still have to narrow the rear end? in a 20" or 22" 8.5?
thebagged1   +1y
we bagged 1 on 20s with out narrowing axle... it was on bonspeeds..... check out nowarnty i believe is his profile
Stevie   +1y
I've b/d one on 20x8.5's without narrowing the rearend,or flaring the bedsides.It's been a couple years ago,but I believe the wheels had a 7.5" backspace.