threads
Page 1 of 3
Wheel Questions \  can't get my center caps on....

can't get my center caps on....

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 585
replies 23
following 21

92yota   +1y
the grease caps on my toyota stick out really far and i can't get the center caps on. i need about an inch. i don't know if i can hammer them in that far or not. whats the best way to get around this without using spacers (i like being able to turn really low)

LaidNeon   +1y
to be honest bro, it looks like even if you pulled off the grease cap & ran without it, it would still have clearance issues
gravity5   +1y
Edited: 5/7/2008 11:34:22 AM by bagged85

ANyways, I think crucial neon is right...your best bet would be to space them out a bit and knock the caps down, or maybe get a custom set made that would allow you the clearance you need...shouldn't be a big deal if you have a friend with a lathe and some scrap chunks of aluminum around...Just make sure to fasten them securely to the wheel from the backside.
jsondrops   +1y
look into getting some domed centercaps too,not sure if they will work for you or not?
but it is an option,find a cool tire shop around your area and talk to them about your problem.
or just give up and start being a hater like that cookie cutter up there!
granth   +1y
brad, call up justin (elegancedesigns) on here i believe, he's normally in chat at night. i will tell him to IM you if i see him on. he may have something that will work for you. hes good people, and knows what he has and doesnt have.

fuck the dude above you. ive said some shit i dont want remembered but this guy is a complete douchebag.
lucky_brew   +1y
oh but about the wheels... might try a spacer to pull the wheel further away and allow more clearance.
YOLO   +1y
I just dont run my dust caps.
jmurphy   +1y
I had 1/4" spacers and no dust caps on the Mitsu. Try that it might work.
disfiguredS10   +1y
oh yeah, I've got 5/16 spacers on the front of my s10 with no dust caps, and the center caps just clear.
granth   +1y
1/4 or 5/16 aint gunna be much of a deal brad, surely someone can do up some for you. i know u know machine shops with what all you have goin on with the yota.