threads
Page 2 of 3
Wheel Questions \  can't get my center caps on....

can't get my center caps on....

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 587
replies 23
following 21

waynehammer   +1y
just color match the dust cover. it wont look that bad.. i ran into the same prob on my wheels on my yota.. my wheels arent quite as nice as urs.. my are just painted black along with the dust cap
ahab   +1y
You may be able to run a konig cap on that wheel. Konig and enkie have some domed caps and allot of wheels have the same bore size for the cap hole. A spacer is probly a good Idea too.
Severed701   +1y
i have a set of 3/4 inch adapters/spacers that u can have if you pay shipping
92yota   +1y
Edited: 5/6/2008 9:06:12 AM by 92yota

3/4" seems like a lot for a spacer, but i'm sure its still safe though right?

and are they hubcentric spacers, because i have to use hubcentric rings for these wheels, and i'm not sure how that works with a spacer unless they are built in?
TwistedPhil   +1y
One thing that nobody mentioned was cutting down the end of the spindle. You can grind down the threaded part til it's flush with the castle nut, then knock down your dust cap further. I don't know if it'll get you the clearance you need, but it might help you to only need a thin spacer... good luck!
-Phil
bagged92   +1y
Originally posted by framelayer521

One thing that nobody mentioned was cutting down the end of the spindle. You can grind down the threaded part til it's flush with the castle nut, then knock down your dust cap further. I don't know if it'll get you the clearance you need, but it might help you to only need a thin spacer... good luck!-Phil

thats what i did with my ranger
aaskelvis   +1y
HERE IS WHAT YOU GOTTA DO---- DID IT BEFORE.
REMOVE CAP, GRID DOWN THE NUT TO THE COTTER PIN, GET NEW DUST CAPS--- I USED BLAZER ONES THAY ARE SMALL. SEE IF THAT FITS, IF NOT RUN A SMALL SPACER BUT IT SHOULD FIT.
greenranger 23   +1y
brad if you want i have a set of spacers if i can find them you can have them. there 5-lug and i believe there 5/16 thick
PimpinMidgets   +1y
All I know for sure is that my penis stands on end when I see good looking girls....sometimes even guys.

Oh and I ran spacers with Moroso Studs on my old yota
bdydrppup   +1y
my pup had yota hubs with motegi 19s and i ground the spindle and beat the cap