threads
Page 1 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  rear link set up ideas??

rear link set up ideas??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 3894
replies 15
following 10

baddawg   +1y
hey guys, im a new member i have a question for ya. i need to do a link set up (runnin monos now) the problem im faced with is room under my bed due to my tank and valves and bag for my tilt bed are under there so im really limited on space plus , my bed is not cut and i wanna keep it that way . i have some beefy 2 link bars made up already but ive heard that ill loose my side to side if i mount the two link bars between my shock plate and my rear end so .. any help would be much appriciated! pics would really help ..thanks!
low99maz   +1y
you could do a link similar to this............you could run the bottom bars forward to the leafspring hangers and ur upper link would allow for your gastank.
post photo
baddawg   +1y
ya i caint run an upper wishbone like that becase of my bed . it would hit  
post photo
baddawg   +1y

im thinking of runnin a parelell 4 link but i may not be able to have a panhard bar...big deal?
msturg   +1y
yes, very big deal if you do not have something to locate the rearend side to side, you could run a watts link
TwistedMinis   +1y
Parallel 3-link?        BTW anything parallel will require a lateral locating device of some kind. Weather it is a panhard bar, watt's link, track bar, Jacob's ladder, etc, is up to you.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
baddawg   +1y

THANKS GUYS, thats a clean set up but i dont have that kind of room.
msturg   +1y
I'm just going to throw this out there, but IMO the current setup you are running is truly unsafe.  People will argue this but only with statements of "I have been running that for x amount of time with no problems, or so and so has had any trouble"  At the end of the day though you are putting those leafs under stress that they were clearly not intended to see, especially if you have removed any leafs and/or are hitting sides with that setup.   If you feel that a 2 link is the only suspension you can run and meet the other requirements for your vehicle, then so be it.  As mentioned by Seth, you will have to run some sort of setup to locate the rear side to side.     You clearly are not laying frame currently with the small notch you have currently, and maybe that is not what you are going for.  However I would suggest that you consider just raising the bed floor, this would give the appearance you looking for I think while allowing you to run a better rear suspension such as those posted above or a triangulated 4 link.   Just some more options for you to think about. 
fknlowjeep   +1y

I have to agree with the comments here.  If you were interested we could meet up and bounce some ideas off of each other...  not trying to sell you on anything, lol, just trying to help out a local brother! I've had somewhat similar issues in the past and there are some creative solutions.  The guys on here are VERY knowledgeable, just think that seeing it in person would help... email me if you want baggedjeep@aol.com  
TwistedMinis   +1y
I know space is cramped for you, but I believe that you can fit a good link setup under your bed without sacrificing much. It would be tricky I'm sure, but definitely could be done.