Page 8 of 20
Dually Projects \  The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

Dually Projects
views 79679
replies 193
following 33

dajizz   +1y
What truck did you get that intake horn off of? I see you got rid of the heater grid, but that elbow is nice and low, perfect for our trucks. Mines waaaay too big!
john-e bravada   +1y

It's the stock 91' IC horn. Someday I want to build one and put the grid heater back in.... )
mdub4life29   +1y

when i swapped my 92 motor in my 84 crew chevy i had to put a 94-98 intake horn to clear the master cylinder. yours appears to be hitting. expecially when the engine is moving around
john-e bravada   +1y
It isn't hitting, there's a 1/2" of clearance... but I'm sure as the motor moves around there will be some contact. I'm pushing to get the truck off the lift and "driveable" to go to a local cruise night on Saturday so this is version 1.0. Like I said I'm planning on making a free flowing one that incorporates the grid heater and provides more clearance. I also need to figure out if that master cylinder is going to work for the rear disc setup. If I have to go to a bigger bore master it might also vary in length and change the clearance. So it's clears, so far.

I did get the rear bags back in and all plumbed. The fronts are coming along with both dump valves mounted and the DS bag plumbed and installed. I have a date with the driveshaft shop tomorrow at lunch to figure out how to get from my big truck 1610 trans joint to the 1ton 1350 driveshaft. Tonight I'll be working on brake lines and wrapping up the air system. Oh I have a N2 bottle coming tomorrow for an air system. I will eventually be running a York OBA system but not for this weekend. Wish me luck!
john-e bravada   +1y
Well this last weekend didn't happen, too much to do and too little time. This coming weekend might happen. I run the car show at our company picnic so I better have something to show!

The air system didn't go as planned. I wasted 3 days on second hand valves that aren't going to work... The standard 2-way 2-position valves should be here Thursday. All the plumbing is in place from the old valves so they shouldn't take long to put in. I need to make a switch box and get the wiring in place.
thread post photo

Nick came over the other night and cut the hole in the bed for the c-notch. It will take some more trimming to clear the bags but it's a start. I wrapped up the brake system the other day as well. The line lock for the front brakes isn't wired yet but it's plumbed in.
thread post photo

The drive shaft was a trip. It's "done" and in but we'll see if it shakes my teeth out. Most of it runs above the floor, I even had to trim the rear cross member of the cab for clearance.
thread post photo

thread post photo
john-e bravada   +1y
I also filled the trans with oil and fit the shifter. Straight out of the Freightliner it hit the dash trying to get into 1-3-5. With a little tweek it cleared the dash but was off center to the point where it would fall in to 4th. I straightened all the factory bends but then it hit the ceiling. With about a foot cut off it clears the rear view mirror nicely
thread post photo

In trying to get the lower radiator hose to fit I cracked the outlet tube loose from the rad. Since it was loose I pointed it the way I wanted and soldered it back on. This was a 1st for me so I hope it holds.
thread post photo

With the radiator fixed and the core support coming together it was on to fans. I snagged this electric fan setup off a van a while back. I think it will fit but it's going to be close. Tonight I'll be mocking it up and if all goes well making brackets for it.
thread post photo

Then on to wiring and filling it with fluids. 1st smoke tomorrow night if all goes well!
mdub4life29   +1y
Why are u running a line lock
john-e bravada   +1y

My excuse is for a park brake but it's just for playing around.
john-e bravada   +1y
I got the fans mounted and the core support put back in. What a pain that was. I had to swap out the one fan in that shroud for the stock trans cooler fan because the motor on the original one hit the front gear drive cover. As it is the other one is only 3/8" off the tensioner bolt!

Looks like the battery, N2 tank and the gas can.... I mean fuel cell will all be in the bed for now. I was trying to fit the battery behind the head lights but there isn't enough tire clearance to put it there. I have a 33gal Blazer tank to go between the rear frame rails but it will not fit with the c-notch. I'll have to fab one up to fit back there. I think I can get 25-28 gal back there with the right shape tank.

Maybe she'll make smoke tonight.....
2012ram3500   +1y
This is an awesome build! Can't wait to see this thing running and then completed.