Page 9 of 20
Dually Projects \  The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

Dually Projects
views 79680
replies 193
following 33

john-e bravada   +1y

Thanks, I can't wait to get it out of the shop and into the sun:) It's been on the lift for WAY too long!
john-e bravada   +1y
It wasn't Wednesday night but as promised it made smoke! It was cool to fire it up for the 1st time. Ran the hand clutch and put it in gear, the driveshaft doesn't seem to shake. Although with the Cummins rattling and rocking who knows. The brakes and steering work so tonight I'll get some more done on the bag wiring and front fender clearencing, drive it outside and start fitting the box. Then hopefully a real test drive. Should be a full night:(
john-e bravada   +1y
Man it feels good to get this thing off the lift!
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

It was an interesting 1st test drive but it did make the 10mi trip into work. It puked out all the powersteering fluid so so much for the PS and Hydroboost... We tried to get the bed on Friday night but @ 5:30am after 5+ times putting it on and off we decided it wasn't worth hacking it just to get it on. That meant the battery ended up on the back seat, fuel can behind me and the air bottle got bolted to the floor. Not the best places for them but it worked for 20mi.
thread post photo

thread post photo
john-e bravada   +1y
The shifting was interesting with the hand clutch(the stick on the floor). I did make a guard over the spinning driveshaft to keep from chewing up my knuckles. It also make a good spot for the switches.
thread post photo

A few more shots for your viewing pleasure.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
75dually   +1y
I have a question: would you change anything on the front suspension? I am about to get into mine and wondering if you think the 3" on the top A-arm and 2.5" on the bottom A-arm was correct?
luifer76   +1y
truck looks great bro nice job!
john-e bravada   +1y

Yes and no. I think it worked out for the stock stuff. If I did it again I would just make a set of tubular uppers and run the shocks thru them. With it finally on the ground I have allot of bump steer so that's an issue I'm dealing with. Less camber change would be nice but you would have to change the upper conteol arm length to closer match the lower to eliminate some of that. I would suggest spindles. I had to cut a bunch out of the spring pockets and the a-arm geometry goes to shit at full stuff when the upper arm is standing on end. Just my $.02
75dually   +1y

Thanks for your reply. I watch the other builds and have been wondering how much bump steer there would be, and what other issues might have come up. I want to avoid bump steer issues because it makes these rides hard to drive on any long road trip. I plan on using lowered spindles and most likely will modify the cross member instead of messing with the a-arm geometry too much.
john-e bravada   +1y
Made a little progress tonight. I put the side mirrors on and rolled the front fender lips. I also rewired the voltage regulator. We'll see if that works. I have tubing to plumb up my pressure gauges I just can't find a good spot for them.
mdub4life29   +1y
what key on power wire dd u use for the regulator? what color wire did u use for ur regulator? ive wired mine a couple times and its been actin up