Dually Projects \  The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

Dually Projects
views 79647
replies 193
following 33

john-e bravada   +1y
Thanks John.

I put the bed on last week and started the raised front brackets. Last night I finished the brackets and got them tacked in. With the bed mounted to the frame I chopped the tops off the dually fenders and started cutting the bedsides out for tire clearance.
thread post photo

I moved the fender tops up 2.5", redrilled the mounting holes and I'm ready to start glassing.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

For the inner fenders I think I'm going to section a couple of stock fenders to make them.
thread post photo
john-e bravada   +1y
Got the inner fenders stretched and extended down to the floor. I kept some of the floor and the inner fenders out of my old truggy when I scrapped the bed. I started to run the floor up and over the notch. One more filler in the front and the top to do. What a pain, using bed floor material! All those ribs to match up and weld
dshadows   +1y
Looks killer man.
iarodder   +1y
Your progress is awesome as well, it has been a major role in motivating me on doing mine..... I just kept watching everyone else doing theirs and thinking this sucks when I have almost all the stuff to do mine, so I dove in before it starts to snow...lol. Unfortunately it will not fit in my garage so mine is a driveway build but that's what makes this fun right!
john-e bravada   +1y
Thanks guys! IA we'll have to hook up some time. I was just in Iowa City last weekend. I head to KC a couple time each year and drive right by Newton.

With the bed on and a show to go to this weekend I got the battery and fireman's bottle out of the cab and into the front of the bed.
thread post photo

I threw together some mounts for the big bottle.
thread post photo

Also put a turn on the power screw... we'll see what that does
iarodder   +1y
Thats cool, just hit me up next time when you are headed thru....I guess I didn't catch where you are from?
john-e bravada   +1y
It was in my sig... That's weird, it isn't there. I'll have to fix that. I was in Dubuque for 4yrs now I'm in Oregon IL just South of Rockford.
iarodder   +1y
Thats pretty cool, my wife and I really enjoy going to Dubuque....it's a beautiful part of the state. We try to go at least once a year, there is a lot to do up there, I just had my '49 Chevy up there for Vintage Torquefest back in May. We spent four days up there this time, the car was a feature car this year. Someday I would like to talk my wife into moving towards Dubuque, or at least the river area in general.... Who knows if I ever will? Its a small world.
john-e bravada   +1y
I fixed my knuckle dragging issue last night. If I want anyone else to ride in this thing with me I figured I better cover the driveshaft...
thread post photo

Don't worry I still have this gapping hole to keep the ride interesting:)
thread post photo
john-e bravada   +1y
Dubuque was cool, like you said lots to do and beautiful scenery up there(for the Midwest that is)