Page 1 of 4
Mazda Projects \  Bagged and Bodied 1990 B2200

Bagged and Bodied 1990 B2200

Mazda Projects
views 13006
replies 36
following 11

bagged dually   +1y
Hi guys. I'm new around the forum but not the mini truckin scene. I've had several minis in the past but in the last few years I've started to wonder off to the world of full size truck and I'm currently building a 1987 chevy crew cab Dually with a 5" stock floor body drop, full bags, 22" big rigs, and a 1995 Cummins 12 valve diesel. I've actually got that Dually going over on the duallyScene forum using the same user name if anyone wants to check it out.
That's some of my more recent history but back to the Mazda. I've been wanting another mini to use for a daily for a while now. So when this old school build came by I scooped it up. It was built in the 90's if I had to guess and someone has attempted to updated it and done more harm than good in some areas. Mostly the interior and bed floor area are in need of being redone and a couple other little things.
Someone has already body dropped it to the pinch and bagged it although I'm planning on doing some work on the bag setup. It's wearing a set of 18" Boyd coddington shoes. The air management system is a big part of the air bags I'm going to redo. It only has a single Viair 380 compressor and a single 3 gallon tank. The previous owner did install a new set of 1/2" valves to replace the old manual paddle valves right before I got the truck from him. I just wish he would have done something different with the valves besides throw them between the seats lol. He also left the 1/4" line for the system for some reason even though the bags are 3/8" and the valves are 1/2". So like I said I'm going to be redoing most of that. Ill quite rambling now and show you guys what I'm working with.
Let me know what you guys think. I haven't messed with a Mazda in years and the last one I had was just bagged and an extended cab so if anyone sees anything out of place or odd let me know so I can check into it lol.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Jul 05, 2013 06:07. This post has been edited 1 times.
bagged dually   +1y
The engine on the truck is the first thing I got up to where I want it since I'm going to be driving the truck everyday pretty soon. The engine and trans are done now unless something else pops up and the color on the firewall and engine compartment is the color the entire truck is going to be. Planning on that blue with a bit if silver.
thread post photo

thread post photo
bagged dually   +1y
The suspension is what's going to get some love now that the engine and trans are done. I'm not sure but I think the front bags need set in closer to the pivot point.
thread post photo

If you notice there isn't even a brace going across the notch to keep the frame rails from twisting outwards.
thread post photo

This is where the guy before me decided to mount the valves. Is was crazy loud in the cab when you let any air out of the valves. Just to not go deaf temporarily I just ran a piece of 1/2" dot line out the back of the cab till I get the parts in to redo all of my lines and move them to outside the cab
thread post photo
bagged dually   +1y
After the bag setup gets brought up to my liking I'm going to cut to bed floor out and redo all of that. I hate these squared tubs. Their just not my thing and the plastic fuel cell is pretty janky also. I can live with it for now though until more important things get updated.
thread post photo

The interior has been started on but needs a lot of missed parts found and installed. For example someone decided to throw the glove box and lid away. Not sure why but its stuff like that I have to go find. The up side is the seats are freshly tweed wrapped in the colors I want to do the interior. The other good news is I have a friend up the road at Guilty by Design give me this bad ass factory center console he had rat holed away. I was stoked to get it.
thread post photo

thread post photo

The only other things I want to do to this truck is reinstall all of the heat and air stuff which is currently mostly missing. Also I'd like to add power steering at some point since this truck was manual from Mazda.

That's about where I'm at right now so everyone is all caught up on the entire story and the way the truck is sitting right now and the direction it's heading. I figure this should be a good little DD that I can tinker with at the house when I don't feel like driving to the shop to work on my Dually. Once the Dually is done ill get a little more crazy with this thing.
Thanks for reading guys. Ill updated this pretty quick.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Not a bad looking truck at all. Post pics of the dually!
rcogan   +1y
Good looking truck, definitely a good jumpin off point
The hole in the bed over notch throws me off. Lol

2nd the notion for pictures of dually.
bagged dually   +1y
Well the Dually is in pieces once again and I really don't have many good ones but ill post a couple that I have on hand. I basically setup all the bags, did the body drop, and mocked the engine and trans up along with everything that goes along with that including build a trans tunnel and driveshaft tunnel just about big enough to use for a center console lol. Now that all of that is done we pushed it back into the shop and started stripping it back down. We're going to finish weld all the new chassis sections, paint all the chassis and suspension, paint the firewall and cab and put it all back together for good. Anyway here are a few pix I do have.
This was right after the cummins got set in it and we were making the floor pan.
thread post photo

The huge driveshaft tunnel
thread post photo

Getting everything done on the cummins swap
thread post photo

Doing the firewall
thread post photo

thread post photo

That's about all of the random pix I have on my phone of it lol. Gives you an idea of what it'll be when done anyway. The cummins got a healthy stack of go fast goodies before I took it out of the donor truck so it should be ready to go as soon as everything is painted.

Feel free to check out the full build at
fdugn545   +1y
hey man when you start redoing the suspension let me know if you have any old/used air ride parts from it. im a beginner at bagging and im on a tight budget. also your notch covers/wheel tubs if you cut em out and are looking to get new ill take em off your hands... i kinda like em! Your truck looks good for real! i like the old school and new school aspects of it.
bagged dually   +1y

The only real hard parts I may replace is my front bags. Not sure yet but I may move the ones from the back to the front and than use a set of chassis tech denominator II 2600 pound bags I have laying around for the back of it. I'm still thinking about adding some gussets to the lower bars and mounting my bags on the bars. Other than that about all ill have air ride wise is a bunch of old 1/4" air line.
As far as the wheel tubs your welcome to those when I cut them out but shipping will probably cost you more than what you could make a set for.
If your looking to buy some cheaper used air ride parts shoot me a PM or an email. My email is .
I'm not going to give my used air ride stuff away but I'd cut you a pretty good deal on it.
fdugn545   +1y
PM sent!

Paycheck to paycheck minitrucker
thread post photo