Page 2 of 2
Wheel Questions \  weight

weight

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 236
replies 18
following 6

badfish57   +1y
so out of 1600miles you'll have used roughly 64.5 gallons and saved around 11cents with them new wheels wich well buy you about less than 1/4 of a gallon depending where you live.. J/P .. i got a bigblock so go threw gas faster than i can pump it in, i would be donald trump rich on my savings if i had a 4banger lol
deathtorice   +1y
Originally posted by Russ-D

Originally posted by deathtorice

Originally posted by badfish57

gas mileage..... yeah you'll save $0.0000694 cents for every 400 miles you drive..

every little bit helps. i gained 3/10 of a mpg by putting in a 180
dssur   +1y

so out of 1600miles you'll have used roughly 64.5 gallons and saved around 11cents with them new wheels wich well buy you about less than 1/4 of a gallon depending where you live.. J/P .. i got a bigblock so go threw gas faster than i can pump it in, i would be donald trump rich on my savings if i had a 4banger lol

haha yeah I hear people all the time talking about selling their gas hogs and buying a hybrid car, I'm like: dont you realize how long it will take to realize the savings when compared to the expense of the new car? Especially given the crap market on bbig SUV's, they will lose more money than a year of gas would save not even figuring the purchase price of a new car!

Of course, if your new wheels and tires were free, that would be different. But my guess is at leass 200 a corner, how much gas would that have bought? How long before your .003 mpg increase turns profitable? My guess is you'll sell the truck before then.

badfish57   +1y
Better mileage
deathtorice   +1y
Originally posted by Russ-D

haha yeah I hear people all the time talking about selling their gas hogs and buying a hybrid car, I'm like: dont you realize how long it will take to realize the savings when compared to the expense of the new car? Especially given the crap market on bbig SUV's, they will lose more money than a year of gas would save not even figuring the purchase price of a new car!

Of course, if your new wheels and tires were free, that would be different. But my guess is at leass 200 a corner, how much gas would that have bought? How long before your .003 mpg increase turns profitable? My guess is you'll sell the truck before then.

Actually, $100 for all 4 with brand new tires They were, however 200 miles away. But it was a fun trip to get em. They are just stock '96-97 style nissam OEM pickup wheels.
dssur   +1y
Haha for giggles I did the rough math

Even if you gained a WHOLE 1 mpg, that is a tankful savings (based on 14 gal tank, gas at 2.50 gal, and current 24.8mpg) of ~.42 cents, at 400 bucks outlayed for wheels and tires, you will need to fill up NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY TWO TIMES or travel ~TWENTY FOUR THOUSAND MILES before realizing the savings. And that is figuring high at 1 mpg improvement.

Hahaha. Well, every little bit counts, see you next year when you save your first .42 cents lol.
badfish57   +1y
^^
deathtorice   +1y
lol, oh well. at the very least they look 100 times better than my stock chromes.
deathtorice   +1y
Edited: 10/23/2005 6:35:15 PM by deathtorice

Hmm, lets see. 1.1 mpg increase, noticabley better handling, rides like a whole new truck, and seems to have better accel and braking capabilities. Yeah, It was very worth it. No wonder hardly any cars come with steel wheels any more.