Page 2 of 4
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  hood on a body droped s10

hood on a body droped s10

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 3461
replies 30
following 25

flownlow   +1y
my hood almost clears on my 91 s-10 that is bd 3.75 inches but i just got an english wheel so im gonna try to make a little something something to mold on the stock hood
mtm   +1y
if anyone is interested in a mint stock noma hood i have one. OEM came off of mine when i bought the cowl

vinnysmini   +1y
My '95 S-10 is stock floor bodydropped and has a 4.3L V6 motor and I can run the stock hood w/o lowering the motor. My oil pan is like a 1/4" (0.25) inch off the ground. My motor is a type W and I think the different motors have different intakes so you might wanna check out different intakes that you could maybe change. My cousin had his oil pan sectioned and widened on his S-10 so you could always section your oil pan as an option if needed.
dragndime   +1y
Anyone got pics or info on lowering hte motor ....wanna see some lowered motor mounts....looks like ill have to go that route
playedouts10   +1y
go to my profile and check out my truck. with a 2.2 you could use a cavalier intake manifold and do it to the doors with a stock hood. after you lower the motor.
lowdyme   +1y
ok so im going to go with a cavaler intake manifold does it hook right up do you have to extend some wires ?? what all is involved with this change
eks10BDRG-N   +1y
Edited: 3/3/2006 1:21:40 PM by eks10BDRG-N

Originally posted by Dragthatchit

this is a little off of the subject of a stock hood, but i hav a s-10 thats just bagged, no body drop, but itll lay the frame just fine from front to back, anyways i wanna know how u guys are dropping ur motors because my oil pan isnt a 1/4 from the grouund now. and ive got some serious scrapes to prove it. i dont see how ur gettin any clearance from that little amount???

i know what your taling about, my oil drain plug is half gone.
555   +1y

eks10BDRG-N   +1y
2000 s10 4cyl. what cavaler intake can work with this truck