Page 3 of 4
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  hood on a body droped s10

hood on a body droped s10

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 3459
replies 30
following 25

3yrididit   +1y
MY S-10 WAS BODY DROPED WITH A/C AND KEPT THE FACTORY HOOD WITH OUT LOWERING THE MOTOR!!!!!!

3yrididit   +1y
I ALSO DIDN'T CUT THE INTAKE......THE 2000 J BODY INTAKE WILL WORK BUT THERE WILL HAVE TO HAVE MODS DONE TO BRACKETS AND ENGINE BELT DRIVEN ACC. THEN OF CORSE WIRING.....IT IS POSSABLE. JUST A PAIN IN THE ASS...THE J BODY INTAKE MIGHT HIT THE A/C BOX TOO...CANT REMEMBER
guiltybydesign   +1y
Originally posted by vinnysmini

My '95 S-10 is stock floor bodydropped and has a 4.3L V6 motor and I can run the stock hood w/o lowering the motor. My oil pan is like a 1/4" (0.25) inch off the ground. My motor is a type W and I think the different motors have different intakes so you might wanna check out different intakes that you could maybe change. My cousin had his oil pan sectioned and widened on his S-10 so you could always section your oil pan as an option if needed.

Same here. The one i did for a friend had the same kind of motor. All we did was get rid of the AC compressor, relocate the alternator to where the AC was, and make a custom mount for a regular SBC round air filter. Fits under a stock hood while laying rocker.
baggeddime   +1y
i think the only one that is a problem is the 98 up 2.2 4 banger with the plastic intake manifold everything other motor is minor mods to get it to work
eks10BDRG-N   +1y
man thats messed up..
1lochevy   +1y
man what happened to your truck I havent seen it in forever.. I think you s-10 is one of the best ones out there. I remember seeing yours when i was like 17or 18Originally posted by 3yrididit

MY S-10 WAS BODY DROPED WITH A/C AND KEPT THE FACTORY HOOD WITH OUT LOWERING THE MOTOR!!!!!!

eks10BDRG-N   +1y
man his truck is the OG of s10s(from my area) with the fullsize truck bumper chopped down and A/C on a bodydropped truck with 19s i believe.
dB Zac   +1y
no hood mod on mine