threads
Page 1 of 3
Air Ride Suspensions \  reverse four link pics.....

reverse four link pics.....

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2804
replies 25
following 19

lester622   +1y
im lookin for some pics of reverse parrallel and triangualted four links i wanna see wat yall have so i can get some ideas since im thinkin of doin one on my dually .......
dssur   +1y
here is one

joking aside. Put the bars forward. Less headaches and you wont end up writing threads like this There are a thousand arguments for running them forward and they are all based in physics and FACT. There are as many arguments for running them reverse and they are all explained by "it worked for me". You can screw up any suspension install, but you lessen the chance of failure or problems by doing research first. My two cents: run the bars forward.
post photo
BK2LIFE   +1y
reverse is scary. who ever decided on doing this way back when is really insane. think about it, when the bars are behind the axle, what happens when you stop? the weight is going forward, the bars want to go down and out the back of the vehicle.. in reality the shocks are holding your axle in from coming out in a panic stop.. bad news, very scary. not sayin they cant be made to work, but very scary indeed
lester622   +1y
Edited: 9/25/2006 1:55:32 PM by lester622

Edited: 9/25/2006 12:36:41 PM by lester622

ya i dont know about the reverse either especially for towin a big trailer .... i was all for goin with a forward setup i had thought of but then when i looked under my dually i seen how big the gas tank was so it kinda i had to rethink my plans ..... and i seen on the blue dually wit the new front cap he ran the reverse fourlink with the gooseneck hitch and i liked the way it looked......... but i was just lookin for ideas

haha i read that thread the other day if mine ends up like that ima have to quit buildin trucks
TwistedPhil   +1y
Since we have some suspension gurus on here:
What about the older beam front suspensions on 30s and 40s cars and trucks? Aren't these technically reverse links? I know it works, since I've driven Model As with that setup, but it seems like it would still give you the same problems as it does in the rear, with the exception of not being a driven axle... any opinions or input?

-Phil at FBI
thesource161   +1y
post the lego demonstation
lownism0   +1y
Originally posted by framelayer521

Since we have some suspension gurus on here:What about the older beam front suspensions on 30s and 40s cars and trucks? Aren't these technically reverse links? I know it works, since I've driven Model As with that setup, but it seems like it would still give you the same problems as it does in the rear, with the exception of not being a driven axle... any opinions or input?

-Phil at FBI

aren't the links traveling in the same direction as the driveshaft though. Like on the front of lifted 4wd trucks the links run backwards but its the same as the driveshaft so its not really reversed.
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
Edited: 9/25/2006 1:12:24 PM by h2o melon

this is a pic of the set up i had about 4 years ago. the ;ower bars were gusseted with 1/4" plate. these pictures were before we changed the end linkd to bushing type instead of heim joints. it worked well but i woul not do it again. my mazda will have forward setup.
post photo
1 LoWfUKn RaM   +1y
wow talk about some took pick bars lol i under stand that was 4 years ago before we got them 2in od bars we got now lol
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by framelayer521

Since we have some suspension gurus on here:What about the older beam front suspensions on 30s and 40s cars and trucks? Aren't these technically reverse links? I know it works, since I've driven Model As with that setup, but it seems like it would still give you the same problems as it does in the rear, with the exception of not being a driven axle... any opinions or input?

-Phil at FBI

you answered it, it is not the driven axle. countering nose diving by having a reverse link on the front is different than CAUSING nose diving by having a reverse link on the back.

I'm not a suspension guru, but I have taken engineering physics. And statics. And dynamics. And linear algebra. Every single course reiterates the "right hand rule" of torque. Whereas, not one single person with a reverse 4 link can say A N Y T H I N G more than "it worked for me". Well, woop de do. The guys from Jackass are still alive too and look at the stupid shit they do.