threads
Page 3 of 3
Air Ride Suspensions \  reverse four link pics.....

reverse four link pics.....

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2806
replies 25
following 19

beyond static   +1y
Originally posted by fatheadjames

man was that ranger tore up. his bar bent and pulled his driveshaft out along with breaking the ujoint on the rear end.

bullshit, that was your truck.

BioMax   +1y
The main reason that the front straight-axle type setup works, is because the " foward facing links are just about parallel to the ground.
AND they are not adjustable suspension cars.
AND there are leaf springs to hold every thing together.

4-links can, and do, work, to hold the vehicle off of the ground. IF the travel is limited to reasonable travel (say 8") and the bars are parallel to the ground at half travel, there really isn't a big concern with them.

The concerd is what we see above in the photo above...

Shoddy work!

I am the last person to tell you guys that reverse 4-links work. As a matter of fact, I will never (not for any amount of money) build a reverse 4-link again. But, they can work.

I very much do agree with "keep it foward facing, it will save you a lot of headache."

BTY if guys really want to know what real suspension engineers think about reverse 4-links, Go to www.eng-tips.com and ask those guys what they think about them. You'll get your ass handed to you by a hand full of engineers.
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by BioMax

You'll get your ass handed to you by a hand full of engineers.

I dont thnk it matters BioMax, I am an engineer (electrical, but you still take the engineering base of physics, statics, and math) and understand the theory as well as the rules, and hardly anyone listens to me haha.

BioMax   +1y
Yeah, I feel ya.

But you gotta try. Right.

If at very least taken into consideration, hopefully, it can help out...
Gangsta Boogie   +1y
Originally posted by fatheadjames

man was that ranger tore up. his bar bent and pulled his driveshaft out along with breaking the ujoint on the rear end.

id be suprised if he didnt damage his transmission tail shaft to.
MMLILJOKER   +1y
first i think its funny that any time a reverse four link topic comes up russ d always has a good picture waiting were do you find them all and second why hasnt any one put a sticky up saying no more reverse four link threads its like every day somebody wants to reverse four link there truck or car and every time they get smashed if reverse four links are so good why dosent jhon force use them on his 7000 horsepower drag car and to the guy that started this one if you make your lower link bars mount in your front leaf spring hangers and use a wish bone on top youd be fine no gas tank problems sorry for the novel but just sick of a new reverse thread every day