Page 1 of 3
Wheel Questions \  Billets Wheels

Billets Wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 983
replies 20
following 12

TwistedMinis   +1y
Do any companys out there that make Billet wheels got over 5.25" backspacing on an 18x7 wheel?
TCB-Vince   +1y
Ya I bet intro will do anything.
dssur   +1y
The problem is the hoops, not the wheel manufacturer. There are only a few makers of hoops and unless I am mistaken, all the billet wheel makers use the same hoop. On the 7 inch wide wheel, there isnt enough shoulder to go beyond that spec, about +35 offset.

THere used to be hoops for FWD cars that let them do big offset, I had a set of Billet Specialties back in the day that had 5.75 backspace on a 7 inch wide wheel, when you looked at the truck from the rear you could see the centercaps stick out past the rim haha.
inomrthenudo   +1y
Mine have a high offset, I think they are 5.5 or 5.75 on an 18X7. I had to get them that high so that they cleared the rear. Mine are Boyds.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I sent an email to Intro, I'll see about that one. On the Boyd site it says they only offer up to 5.25" on the 7" wide wheel. I need a minimum of 5.75" to tuck. So far its looking like billets arent an option.
impulse   +1y
Notice my Bonspeeds aren't flat like everyone else's... they made them so that the offset could be more by curving the face of the wheel.

i think they are a +39.
TwistedMinis   +1y
How much extra did that cost Corey?
impulse   +1y
Edited: 10/22/2006 4:20:33 PM by iLLairgasm

nuthin. I think certain stlye's of their wheels they will make like that. Apparently lots of Aussies buy them like that.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Where did you get your wheels from? I've never been clear on where to buy Bonspeeds from since their site hasnt been up for years.
91 drggn dime   +1y
their site is www.uswheel.com/bonspeed since US bought them.