threads
Page 19 of 25
Under Construction \  update on the cab of space 4-2-2012 body drop and new wheels

update on the cab of space 4-2-2012 body drop and new wheels

Under Construction General Discussions
views 8927
replies 246
following 61

bdydrppup   +1y
Now gota start addressing the tons of little stuff. Instead of dropping the whole core support and messing up te strut bars im going to drop the mounts and build a pocket for the radiatorand now dropped. and gusseted with 2x3Then I gota deal with the steering. These trucks dont come with collapsible shafts so you have to add a u-joint and chance the shaftSo I added a u-joint at the column side, new shaft and made it bolt in. all that is left is add the heim support
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bdydrppup   +1y
Mocking up the front end. Starting to look like a truck again.And now my motor dilemma. Want to keep a stock hood but really doubting it. You can see it above the fender. Weighing my options
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
jspotmcd   +1y
YES! looks soo badass!!
AndrewB22   +1y
looks good
droppedmitsu   +1y
Looks badass, nice work love this truck. Yea the motor looks to be sticking up what an inch or two, have you lowered it yet? You probably can't get it that much lower though can you?
jumbo   +1y
sweet! Now chop it! but leave the foreskin...hahahahaha
cookiemonster13   +1y
lower the damn motor. dont butcher up a hood....
bdydrppup   +1y
--------------------------------------------

dropped87mitsu said:

Looks badass, nice work love this truck. Yea the motor looks to be sticking up what an inch or two, have you lowered it yet? You probably can't get it that much lower though can you?

--------------------------------------------

I can drop the motor around 1 1/4" if I section the oil pan and section the header. I think that MAY fit the valve cover but I'm not sure about the air cleaner. Just hate to do all that work and it still not fit lol

smctoy   +1y
You can do what a buddy of mine did to his Mazda when he had issues with the Weber air cleaner hitting the hood after he body dropped it, he cut the filter down. He took about an inch off it & it was just enough to allow the breather to clear the hood when closed. It ran just like it did as if the filter had never been cut.
lowazzmaz   +1y
they make a slim filter for the weber solved my issue on my yota and I think I bought mine for around 20 bucks new clips and filter.