threads
Page 20 of 25
Under Construction \  update on the cab of space 4-2-2012 body drop and new wheels

update on the cab of space 4-2-2012 body drop and new wheels

Under Construction General Discussions
views 8925
replies 246
following 61

bodydropped85   +1y
just do like cris did on his mazda back in 05, just put a lawn mower filter on it haha.
bdydrppup   +1y
Yeh I thonk I might give it a shot. Man I hate to cut up mu new oil pan and header haha
Jeremystephens   +1y
truck looks killer dude..... not sure but do or would sidedrafts help
bdydrppup   +1y
Edited: 1/5/2012 10:16:19 PM by bdydrppup

actually side drafts would help. before i bought this weber i wanted some but couldn't find intakes for an isuzu. And thanks everybody for the good comments!
unusualfabrication   +1y
--------------------------------------------

cookiemonster13 said:

lower the damn motor. dont butcher up a hood....

I'm with this guy ^^^^^!
Layumon22s   +1y
ok so what's the update?!?!?!?
bdydrppup   +1y
Funny you should ask. I finally got free time to work on it. Between work, flying to vegas, and family trips I've had no time. Finally worked on it last night a little. after the body drop it left the ext cab area open to the elements with only plastic panels keeping out the elements. That doesnt work for me so I decided to skin it.

Before all open and dumb lookingSide sheet-metaledAnd now all sealed up. Finish welding and smoothing and Im good to go.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bdydrppup   +1y
I'm going to try to head out today and work on it a little more today. Got several shows I want to go to and the first one is coming up fast. Better get after it!
ven   +1y

bdydrppup said:

And now my motor dilemma. Want to keep a stock hood but really doubting it. You can see it above the fender. Weighing my options

You could lower the motor and run an edelbrock air filter, they are pretty low profile and work great. You will most likely have to fabricate a new base plate for it to mount to your throttle body, but its a great affordable alternative. But I'm with everyone else do what it takes to keep a stock hood on it. Here is a pic of my wifes truck with the Edelbrock filter....

Your Truck looks killer BTW!
post photo
post photo
bdydrppup   +1y
Thanks man! I unbolted the motor mounts this week end and let the motor down to its lowest possible point before i hacked up the header and oil pan and to be honest some parts of the motor will clear and some wont. if I still have to cut the hood some I probable wont take the time of dropping it. I will probably just build a hood for it sadly. the lower half of the body on the damn trucks is just so small and the motors tall.