threads
Page 23 of 25
Under Construction \  update on the cab of space 4-2-2012 body drop and new wheels

update on the cab of space 4-2-2012 body drop and new wheels

Under Construction General Discussions
views 8923
replies 246
following 61

xgolferdude   +1y
Man that thing is turning out great john!!!! Keep up the great work buddy!
ven   +1y
Looks Awesome, I like the somewhat factory appearance of the bed, and the fact that its still pretty deep is killer!
bdydrppup   +1y
Thanks man! I'm glad it will still be deep enough to be usable. Especially since it will be a daily again when I'm finished. Need to be able to put misc. junk in it haha
bdydrppup   +1y
Got my front end parts from MMW so it's time to build some new control armsMy buddy Cris is building me a stainless steel fuel cell. Even putting a lip on the filler neck
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
ETNSFLT   +1y
What's the significance of putting a lip on the filler neck? Is it so a cap can be put on it? As far as the tailgate, and people not seeing it, you can put down the tailgate when you're showing it.

-Stew-
bdydrppup   +1y
The factory one had a bulge to help keep the clamp/hose on it and he just wanted the challenge I think lol. You knowhow alot of fuel lines and stuff have the bulge on them to help keep it on.
laynon22s   +1y
the fact you have the man,myth,and legand cris collins building that fuel cell.you are in good hands.truck is coming out great.it would great to see cris get back into the scene again.great guy.
bdydrppup   +1y
Yeah I agree. He got a bad rap after chalky blue and that was all just a shitstorm of emotions with family and friends. He put alot of his own money and tons of time in that truck to make it how it was meant to be in the first place. Cris always produces top notch work and hes even better now than he was back then. I do know he's building a truck for my buddy Russell but I dont know if he will ever build for himself again.
laynon22s   +1y
you said it.i read all the chalky blue stuff an thought the same thing.i felt bad for him when i bought his fullsize.the look on his face when we loaded it on the trailer was just heartbreaking.i just got it done.i hope one day to get down there,so he can drive it again for old time sake.he did a hell of job on that truck.i only changed a couple of things to suit my tastes.everthing eles is the way he built it.again your truck is looking good.
bdydrppup   +1y
Thanks man. I sent you a fb request the other day I think. I wish I could get him back in a truck again. We pulled some long hours on that fullsize. I'd love to see it now.