threads
Page 16 of 21
Body work and Paint \  LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 60910
replies 202
following 164

lumpy   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by EKSESSIVdime im also probably gunna get some hot rod flatz. what are the pros and cons as to tinted primer v.s. the hot rod flatz besides the price?? ive heard alot of people mention how difficult the hot rod flatz is, so any opinions and feed back would be awesome, thanx guys --------------------------------------------- tinting primer gives you no sealing protection unlike the hotrod flatz which is a true top coat single stage paintalso over time primer will chalk up  just did the flatz on a civic..... i bought it to do my crewcab and its been on the shelf awhile made the move from norcal to phoenix and made it through the summer sitting in the truck.....115+ days and it took some good mixing but still sprayed well its easy to do like kyle said no guess work just read the can measure and gocant beat the price either was going to two tone the truck paid 189 for gallon kit and it makes 1.5 gal sprayable i also picked up a pint to do roof and back cab wall in a  factory  white single stage and it was 100 bucks so the kits are well worth the cost and if you went and bought primer and a base color to mix in youd be spendin the same if not more
maztang (ryan)   +1y

mine, not the good stuff at all. i was broke as fk and got the hotrod black from oreilly autoparts for like 100 bucks. it is getting completely rebuilt when i get home.
post photo
HaVoC1   +1y
More more more!! Im getting alot of good ideas here.
brain2000   +1y
Here are a couple pics of my 64 vw          
post photo
post photo
post photo
DRAGTHIS   +1y
Edited: 3/20/2010 1:31:33 PM by DRAGTHIS

hers mine back in orange primer.. white primer tinted with read and yellow base.. layed down kinda pink  and it 2 days was orange. loved it.. hard to keep up..back in id say 01-02 when i decided to destroy it..   now after getting fucked hard by 2 shops.. and several years later it sits like this..gray primer as o f  dangerzone 08 just order my blood red hot rod flatz..yesterday if it arrives in time I will have it at danger zone in red.. If not it will be at 4 ever lo.. feels good to start working on it again its just been sitting in the garage..  
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
swchhpy   +1y
Edited: 3/20/2010 8:41:06 PM by FXDGRND

heres my wagon satin black         
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
POSJustin   +1y
    heres mine...rattle canned...       another view...not too bad for brin a year old i guess. ive got a gallon so im hoping to redo it soon...     my beach cruiser... 
post photo
post photo
post photo
clumsyVCgirl   +1y
here's a pic of the civic that lumpy was talking about. '95 with a bunch of mods. be on air before the end of the year. painted hot rod flatz speed blue a week or so ago. multiple coats after body work with wet sands in between.  
post photo
tcsxtremeison22s   +1y

i dont know how to post pics, but i just did my whole truck a flat green color.. all rattle canned n looks pretty decent.. i used dupli color self etching primer. then washed the whole truck w/ warm water w/ ajax in it to clean up the "streaking'... check it out, its in my profile, 03 extreme...
msturg   +1y
Edited: 3/20/2010 4:43:05 PM by msturg

love it