threads
Page 17 of 21
Body work and Paint \  LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 61046
replies 202
following 164

crazygenius13   +1y
Emron 2.1 Industrial coatings black. Comes in High gloss, Semi gloss, Satin gloss (what I chose), and Flat. Available in any solid color you can want. I paid $120 for everything to shoot my Mitsu
post photo
post photo
post photo
lumpy   +1y
hey pete its emron with an I  lol  it looks like some sturdy stuff   what you get for that cost?  quart or gal   clear also?thanks man
tuckinlugs06   +1y

mine is some satin black from lowes
crazygenius13   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by lumpy hey pete its emron with an I  lol  it looks like some sturdy stuff   what you get for that cost?  quart or gal   clear also? thanks man --------------------------------------------- My bad, I knew a guy named Emron, so I always spell it like that. The mix ratio is 3:1 so that cost was 3 quarts material, 1 quart hardener, and 5% reducer. It's a single stage, so no clear. It is thick stuff, so it will fil a 320 grit DA scratch easily. Also stands up great to scratches once it's cured, and is chemical resistant since it was meant to be used on cranes, and welders and stuff like that. I left some Lacquer thinner on the surface for a little bit, then rubbed it in to test the chemical resistance, couldn't tell I did a thing to it. Holds up well too to the elements. I know some flat paints chalk up and get all crappy lookin pretty quick.  
crazygenius13   +1y
I'd rather spray this stuff than Hot Rod Flatz too... I did Seth's toyota (in my signature) in their stuff, and it was ok. End result was good, but I fought it while I was shooting it. A lot more room for error, and I wasn't too happy with the sandability of the HRF after it cured. I'm sticking with this stuff for budget jobs, and for satin jobs as well. Unless of course someone wants a metallic flat paintjob, like the Silver Slipper. That thing is awesome. Need a flattened clear for something like that. Or The one that Gambino did. Love that truck
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
lumpy   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by BodiedClothing---------------------------------------------Originally posted by lumpyhey pete its emron with an I  lol  it looks like some sturdy stuff   what you get for that cost?  quart or gal   clear also?thanks man ---------------------------------------------My bad, I knew a guy named Emron, so I always spell it like that. The mix ratio is 3:1 so that cost was 3 quarts material, 1 quart hardener, and 5% reducer. It's a single stage, so no clear. It is thick stuff, so it will fil a 320 grit DA scratch easily. Also stands up great to scratches once it's cured, and is chemical resistant since it was meant to be used on cranes, and welders and stuff like that. I left some Lacquer thinner on the surface for a little bit, then rubbed it in to test the chemical resistance, couldn't tell I did a thing to it. Holds up well too to the elements. I know some flat paints chalk up and get all crappy lookin pretty quick.  --------------------------------------------- one more thing didnt see any color options on it on the web page i was looking at.....  got a direct links to any info?????thanks
crazygenius13   +1y
Nope, but any paint supply place that can get that paint for you, and is worth a damn, can mix it for you in any color. I'm having a gallon matched to a Toyota light green on Monday to shoot Softee's roadster. It's just gonna be solid, not metallic like the original color. 
polski-13   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by BodiedClothing I'd rather spray this stuff than Hot Rod Flatz too... I did Seth's toyota (in my signature) in their stuff, and it was ok. End result was good, but I fought it while I was shooting it. A lot more room for error, and I wasn't too happy with the sandability of the HRF after it cured. I'm sticking with this stuff for budget jobs, and for satin jobs as well. Unless of course someone wants a metallic flat paintjob, like the Silver Slipper. That thing is awesome. Need a flattened clear for something like that. Or The one that Gambino did. Love that truck --------------------------------------------- Do you know what this truck was shot with? I assume a base then flatten clear? After some more bodywork to my truck, I'll be repainting but wanted to keep the satin finish. I used the HRF the first time, but I wouldn't mind trying something else.

Do you know what this truck was shot with? I assume a base then flatten clear? After some more bodywork to my truck, I'll be repainting but wanted to keep the satin finish. I used the HRF the first time, but I wouldn't mind trying something else.
post photo
twistedsdime   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by BodiedClothingI'd rather spray this stuff than Hot Rod Flatz too... I did Seth's toyota (in my signature) in their stuff, and it was ok. End result was good, but I fought it while I was shooting it. A lot more room for error, and I wasn't too happy with the sandability of the HRF after it cured. I'm sticking with this stuff for budget jobs, and for satin jobs as well. Unless of course someone wants a metallic flat paintjob, like the Silver Slipper. That thing is awesome. Need a flattened clear for something like that. Or The one that Gambino did.

This truck is sick!
post photo
post photo
crazygenius13   +1y
Has to have been a silver base and flattened clear. Either that, or a hardened basecoat. But if you're driving your vehicle or keeping it in the sun at all, don't harden your basecoat. It WILL fade, and WILL chalk up.