Page 2 of 5
Mini Truckin General \  Stock floor VS. Traditional Body drop

Stock floor VS. Traditional Body drop

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 18042
replies 44
following 36

MagicMikey   +1y
i road in both types of body drops, and help work on them. i am pretty tall so i like the room of a stock floor but the traditional can be done with less and or smaller tools. like welder and so on. and i agree that the traditional has more room for exhaust and stuff like that. i bearly have room for my exhaust and ran 90% of lines and wires through the cab cause of this.
with my truck i never completely took the cab of my frame. nor did i build a frame jig. i supported the frame from front to back and left room so u could climb under and work. i built the new frame and slide the new frame in my old frame and took out the rest of the frame i didnt need. given a stock apperance on the out side. after doing that the next truck will be striped down and done like the pic above in another coment.
thacru78   +1y
I dispise trad body drops cause of all the sheetmetal welding. I hate welding stock sheetmetal. Man Brian I wish I wasn't so busy in the shop right now id trade you strait up for a full frame laying whatever for a paint job. Id prolly even come pick it up and drop it off......When you wanting to get it done?
disfiguredS10   +1y
Originally posted by ahab

. OR you could chop the top off you factory frame and drop some tube in there and weld it up. thats how mine is done. The frame stays strait because you never change the shape of it.

BOOYAH, we did mine in 3 wks of evenings.
Jcfreeman0   +1y
i've got both. 2 3/4" traditional along with a 2 1/2" stock floor. couldnt make up my mind i guess lol.
MagicMikey   +1y
Originally posted by Jcfreeman0

i've got both. 2 3/4" traditional along with a 2 1/2" stock floor. couldnt make up my mind i guess lol.

i know a guy that did that to a standard cab s10 not sure the number but i think he cut off some off his door and it layed on the ground. it made mini truckin and was in Pp at that time.
bodydropped85   +1y
trad. ftw. welding sheet metal is easier than building a frame
kustomharv   +1y
brian we had this conv earlier today and im glad u posted this ! u know my opinion!
lost cause   +1y
^^^^^^ Yeah I heard your side of the story thats why I posted this thread (he did a traditional )

I'm still undecided though.......I'm tempted to just cut the floor and call it a day, But ahab makes a stock floor look so easy .....

And, Thanks for all the replies, your comments are greatly appritiated
thesource161   +1y
traditional will put you on the ground faster but stock floor will be more satisfying in the end. the wait will suck but well worth it.
FXDGRND   +1y
My truck is a 'traditional'. Only saving grace for a standard cab is a walk-thru. I've helped do both. Just a matter of how much time you have. Traditionals can be done faster and you have a stock frame uncut when you are done. Stockfloor is a misleading term. Most do not have completely stock floors. I know Sean at SIAC can knock a stock out damn quick. But opinions are all over on what is best. Sit in both options and figure out what works best for you.