Page 4 of 5
Mini Truckin General \  Stock floor VS. Traditional Body drop

Stock floor VS. Traditional Body drop

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 18043
replies 44
following 36

lobdyblazr   +1y
all these answers and no one asked what kind of truck?
Some frames are huge, you can cut them down and easily have room for exhaust and everything (s-10 and rangers)others are already short, so with a traditional you really dont loose much headroom (mazda)...what kinda truck is it?
ahab   +1y
Everyone knows brian has a Tacoma. The tacoma frame is very similar to my toyota from except for the front suspension.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
i dont know how close they are but taco and s-10? im about to cut into my 02' s-10 as well and the trad. vs. stock floor is a huge debate/concern, either way the floor/firewall has to be cut in both cases......... with that being said, the same concerns?
FreakwitaFro   +1y
Originally posted by impounded dakota

If someone has already posted it, and i missed it, i apologize, but why not channel it? Yes it's more sheet metal cutting and capping, but with some planning, you can inch out stock headroom, or at least "less room lost". And you can keep your stock frame, and it can be done in close quarters. Sometimes there are more options than just the two obvious, more popular ones.

thats what i was gonna say. why not channel it? OOOOLD SKOOL.
waynehammer   +1y
i did mine the same way andrew did his. it was really simple
granth   +1y
its a tacoma. we all know what he drives lol.

lobdyblazr   +1y
I guess "WE ALL" dont know...I dont know who the fuck he is..I was just trying to help. Guess people dont do that one this site anymore huh?
disfiguredS10   +1y
I think every post prior to that one was intended to help Brian....chill out bud.

channeling works prety well in some cases...i've been helping a friend channel his s10...he ended up scrapping the fromt floor altogether and cutting channels under the seat. should make for a nice combo of sf and trad.
Flossin22s   +1y
Edited: 11/12/2008 9:00:26 PM by Flossin22s

Originally posted by lobdyblazr

I guess "WE ALL" dont know...I dont know who the fuck he is..I was just trying to help. Guess people dont do that one this site anymore huh?

look at the first post, read the second line.

......9th and 10th word to make it more obvious
stockfloored93   +1y
after stock flooring my truck and doing traditionals on others, i pefer traditional just because its so much easier, by the time you raise the trans. tunnel and drive shaft tunnel your doing almost the same amount of sheet metal welding as a traditional. i love the extra head room in my truck but to me its not worth the extra work.