threads
Page 4 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  cantilever pics....post them here!!

cantilever pics....post them here!!

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 5965
replies 45
following 29

///RA TROY   +1y
Originally posted by StockFloorRngrOn22s

Originally posted by rolnlow

here is one that BBT did on chico's explorer

Any pics of how the arm connects to the control arm?

it goes through the upper andconnects in the center of the lower

Master Fabber   +1y
Correct me if Im wrong, and I dont know jack about cylinders, Isnt that last pic going to lower the truck as air is filled?
Dejavu   +1y
thats what i want to know...i mean, yes it is... but maybe thats hoiw they want it
bagdb2200   +1y
Originally posted by Master Fabber

Correct me if Im wrong, and I dont know jack about cylinders, Isnt that last pic going to lower the truck as air is filled?

No. They're dual acting cylinders. You can put compressed air into either side of the cylinder so it can lift the truck as the cylinder collapses, or as it extends depending on how you setup the rocker arm/bell crank/pivots or whatever.
dante81_98   +1y

I was wondering the same thing.
layedoutdreams   +1y
Originally posted by DroptSdime

No. They're dual acting cylinders. You can put compressed air into either side of the cylinder so it can lift the truck as the cylinder collapses, or as it extends depending on how you setup the rocker arm/bell crank/pivots or whatever.

Exactly. With the airline connected to that side of the cylinder, when you feed it air, it will pull the piston into the cylinder and therefore be pushing down on the axle and raising the truck.
Low_SST   +1y
Originally posted by LayedOutDreams

Originally posted by DroptSdime

Exactly. With the airline connected to that side of the cylinder, when you feed it air, it will pull the piston into the cylinder and therefore be pushing down on the axle and raising the truck.

but thats stupid because its removing the travel as the truck is lifted and NEEDS the travel while driving. you catch my flow yo
austlowlux86   +1y
Edited: 10/3/2007 7:19:20 PM by lowlux86aust

post photo