threads
Page 3 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  cantilever pics....post them here!!

cantilever pics....post them here!!

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 5960
replies 45
following 29

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Originally posted by BioMax

robert- Since this is your thread, I'll answer your question first. For the "fixed" pivot (typically the center pivot) I would suggest running Delrin. Delrin is a material that is a lot loike nylon, but tougher. You can call HM-Engineering.com and order the bushings, the inner and outer sleevs, heims, spacers bungs from them.

thats what i machined my fixed bushings from also. I got a 2ft long chunk of delrin from ebay for 7$ , and threw it in a lathe and machined some bushings out. It machines super easy also, very nice to use.

Taylor

devilx   +1y
so the delrin is what i should use for my bushings? what about the heims,can they be bought locally or mostly from websites such as the mentioned?thanks,you guys are being very helpful.
Dejavu   +1y
Edited: 9/12/2007 5:40:09 PM by Dejavu

Edited: 9/12/2007 5:37:48 PM by Dejavu

i know this probly isnt going to work, and is me stealing this thread ( sorry bout that)... but from this picture would you say i designd my wishbone setup well? these are obviously old pictures but thats all i could find of the setup

i mean im confident in my work but do you see any flaws? i unfortunatly have to learn everything myself and only wish i had more than just trial and error in my life of truck building
post photo
post photo
Pneufab   +1y
The number 1 flaw I see right off the bat is using Pipe instead of tubing

(sorry)

t
munk3yx   +1y
Gangsta SHIT right thur
Dejavu   +1y
you are right about that... but look at the bag mounts......its tubing! basically this truck shows a timeline of when i learned things... i didnt always know to use tubing instead of pipe.... but like i said, im a loner with this.. i really dont have any minitrucker friends to hang out with and learn from or anything really
BioMax   +1y
The beauty about most do-it-yourself minitruckers is that everything is so over built. It looks like it should live for a very long time... pipe or tubing.
Lunchbox182   +1y
bump
h8menow   +1y
Originally posted by rolnlow

here is one that BBT did on chico's explorer

Any pics of how the arm connects to the control arm?