threads
Page 2 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  cantilever pics....post them here!!

cantilever pics....post them here!!

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 5961
replies 45
following 29

ebman   +1y

post photo
bodydropped   +1y
Originally posted by BioMax

Here is a 3-link with a pannard bar-

that panhard like a track bar? i dont see how it works at all
post photo
Dejavu   +1y

huskerdually It depends on what you consider a cantilever. What Taylor posted could be considered a bell-crank....

Pascal Very recently I posted about that here. Do a search for it or look at my recent posts.

so really its just space issues you are refering to with wishbones? driveshaft clearance etc?

BuiltByBrooks   +1y
my old set up
granth   +1y
Originally posted by bodydropped

its a parallel 3, with the panhard behind the axle...
post photo
BioMax   +1y
^^^exactly^^^

Pascal Yeah, logistically it's tought to fit a properly set up wishbone into a mini. Avoiding one will keep you from purposly changing the suspension geometry just to fit it.
hotwheelsgt   +1y
max...why did you not just make a triangulated for link on the ranger frame?
devilx   +1y
so i pretty much gather that the rocker arms can be custom made with round tubing for bracing but where would i get the bushings and the pieces with the heim jionts on them.So far the only thing i found close to those are the small 4-link bars from Tractor Supply.can they come from some place like home depot or are they just 4-link parts?
stkflrd73   +1y
Originally posted by 72bumpside

Originally posted by bodydropped

its a parallel 3, with the panhard behind the axle...

if the panhard bar was longer (which looks like it could of been) would the rear end not pull to one side as much?
post photo
BioMax   +1y
robert- Since this is your thread, I'll answer your question first. For the "fixed" pivot (typically the center pivot) I would suggest running Delrin. Delrin is a material that is a lot loike nylon, but tougher. You can call HM-Engineering.com and order the bushings, the inner and outer sleevs, heims, spacers bungs from them.

J-Doggy- There really isn't enough room for properly triangulated bars.

stkflrd 73- A properly set up pannard bar has very little side to side movement, even with an extra short bar such as this one. It only moved about 3/8" in either direction.