Under Construction \  The Pavement Princess

The Pavement Princess

Under Construction General Discussions
views 8512
replies 167
following 100

pearldrop   +1y
Originally posted by H8MENOW

CHUMP CHANGE, i by no means, mean to highjack your thread. can you figure out what the volume would be for 1.75 i.d. round, or how you figure it out. thanks for the help

10 feet of 1.75 i.d. round is approximately

288.7 cubic inches or 1.249 gallons

DDlowztaco   +1y
I like the way you put the frame together....eliminates all the guess work. Looks good
chumpchange   +1y
Got alot done this weekend with help from lil brandon. Built the 4 link-2X2 1/4inch wall for the lower bars and 1.5X1.5-1/4 inch wall for the uppers turned on its side like a diamond. used suicide doors 3 inch bushings and bought the tubing locally. hand made all of the tabs out of 3/16ths plate. bent up some 1 inch dom tubing with a 1/4 inch wall for the upper bag mounts and got the slam re-7's in place on the lower bars. everything works great and flows together really well. going to start building the upper and lower control arms this week.
post photo
post photo
post photo
chumpchange   +1y
finally messed around with the lower control arms this evening. made up a make shift table, tacked the bushing sleeves to it and bent up some tubing. worked out really well for my first set. need to test them out this week after i build the uppers and then finish welding them up solid. lower ball joint is a moog screw in and the arms are exactlly the same measurements as stock. big thanks to ed cain from Twist Of Cain for the pointers and long phone conversations.
post photo
post photo
okcderek   +1y
Looks awesome.....love threads like this.
North East Kustoms   +1y
Nice work on the arms. I cant wait to see how they turn out for you.
greenranger 23   +1y
awesome thread the truck is coming together nicely. now how did you get your wife so involved enough to actually like it. please teach me
retrodrag   +1y
Looks good man! Your doing some great work and I appreciate the detail you put into explaining your progress.

Keep it up!
chumpchange   +1y
Edited: 12/22/2007 8:05:58 AM by ChumpChange

got the uppers tacked up. going to mock up the front suspension next and make sure it lays on a 26 inch tall wheel/tire combo. then i will fully weld, grind, and shape the tubing and ball joint plates before primer.
post photo
lobdyblazr   +1y
BTW he was right...10' of 1.75ID is basically 1.25 gallons
Pi (R)squared x length is cubic inch volume