Page 7 of 12
Under Construction \  Rockered on 20's...updated July 7th 2010

Rockered on 20's...updated July 7th 2010

Under Construction General Discussions
views 4973
replies 117
following 68

still_2_hi   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by 90yota---------------------------------------------I used 2x3 box tubing and I air tested it to 200 psi with no problems...as far as bursting the seams, if you used 2x4 3/16 wall for your backhalf since it's a fullsize, you shouldn't have any issues if everything's  welded properly---------------------------------------------Thanks! I am thinking of using 3x4 tubing for the frame... i seen lots of guys do it and figured it wouldnt't be a problem, just seeing if you used a different knd of steel tubing for it or not. Keep up the good work. You coming to vanfest?
scotto79   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tukn22inchThats about the last color i think ANYONE would have done, but jam up work! --------------------------------------------- That was the same thing I thought before, just coming in from the garage finishing my second coat of grey and black, at least I don't have the black wheels as well.   Truck looks good, is it going to be done for the Truck Nationals this summer?
post photo
90yota   +1y
thanks for the comments guys....as for Vanfest, I'll definately be there with the truck...not sure which stage the truck will be at but we'll see....there's been quite a bit more progress but I'm not gonna post any more pics until after the show...stay tuned   
post photo
blackice   +1y

saw it in person at Vanfest last weekend, she's damn sexy, Chris
90yota   +1y

thanks...I'll update this thread with some more pics later today
90yota   +1y

well the last 2 weeks have been crazy to say the least....I set the goal of having the truck running and driving for a local show (Vanfest), which was quite a stretch ....but with the help of some amazing friends I pulled it off and couldn't be more happy!!! After the bodywork on the firewall was complete, it was painted and we put the cab back on the frame for the last time....then I finally bolted the motor and all suspension components together,reworked the clutch pedal,  ran all new fuel lines, brake lines, and cleaned up the wiring...We started the motor for the first time on Wednesday night and it all came right down to the wire and actually bled the brakes and clutch just hours before we loaded her up for the show on Friday afternoon....heres some more pics for ya.......(there are some gaps in the progress but I was too busy wrenchin on it to stop and take pics)Firewall all painted ^^^cab back on...^^^ fenders and rad support back on...^^^all fuel, brake lines, and wiring fastened to the frame ^^^first time its seen daylight in over 2 1/2 years....not to mention under its own power!!!! ^^^My son Cody posin with the truck...(hes at the perfect age...all he wants to do is ride in it!!) ^^^ And here's a few pics I took of it from  the show.....at our campsite ^^^in da weeds ^^^another^^^parked with my best man's truck (lyinlow) ^^^probably my new favourit pic of it so far....^^^ theres a few more pics in my profile if anyone wants to check em out
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
tntmaz   +1y
lookin good bro!!
NOTLONUF   +1y
looks sick!!!
zef   +1y

Looks good!!! Any ideas on paint?
90yota   +1y

I'm working on the sheeetmetal bed right now....and plan to have the truck painted in 2 weeks...for right now, the truck will be painted the same silver colour as the firewallIve got some ideas for later on , but im running out of time before my wedding...only 4 more weeks till the big day!!!