threads
Page 2 of 9
Build-Ups \  MEDICATED METAL WORKS CAUGHT MY TRUCK ON FIRE!!!(W/PICS)

MEDICATED METAL WORKS CAUGHT MY TRUCK ON FIRE!!!(W/PICS)

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 19230
replies 81
following 46

accordsinner   +1y
Take them to sm claims court!!Im going thur the same shit with a shop called Rolands paint n Body with my engine n trans.Chaotic customs has already done more work to my car in 2 months what took him 8 to rig?I hope you get back on track I cant wait till my day in court!!!
Pantydrpr   +1y
Edited: 4/7/2011 3:02:37 PM by Pantydrpr

Ok... I have one question that has been in my mind when I was reading this and maybe you can shed some light into it. Why did you take a year to post something about what happened? If that happened to my truck I would be immediatly on all forums speaking about it. Something seems fishy here. Not saying you are full of shit, but a year after.... Come on.... This is how people burn bridges with shops that they have not done research on. Good luck on getting anything in small claims court, the judge will look at it the same way about the whole time that you waited to say or file anything.
bagdburb   +1y
that sucks to hear. My friend has his white crew bagged by them around the same time you had yours in the shop. I can see pics of your expo on his facebook...and some of the pics show burn marks on the windshield.

Hope you get it up and going asap.
thacru78   +1y
I hope y'all get it all worked out. Shit happens...just about anyone who has welded on a firewall with the dash in has started a little fire or 2...I keep a spray water bottle and an extinguisher on hand when i weld on firewalls for that exact reason. Looks like they might of walked away from it or weren't paying attention and it got WAY out of hand. They should of fixed it the right way though. Half assing the fix is why this was posted. They should of replaced the wireing harness, cleaned it up, and replaced anything else that had been damaged...regardless of the cost. Thats just my .02. I think the reason he waited so long to post it is because he just now realized what it looked like behind his dash...he stated he was low on funds and couldn't get it looked at immediately. I hope Medicated can make it right...they seem to be doing good work...I know they fixed a buddy of mines truck after is was fucked up by another shop.
baggedexpo   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Pantydrpr said:

Edited: 4/7/2011 3:02:37 PM by Pantydrpr

Ok... I have one question that has been in my mind when I was reading this and maybe you can shed some light into it. Why did you take a year to post something about what happened? If that happened to my truck I would be immediatly on all forums speaking about it. Something seems fishy here. Not saying you are full of shit, but a year after.... Come on.... This is how people burn bridges with shops that they have not done research on. Good luck on getting anything in small claims court, the judge will look at it the same way about the whole time that you waited to say or file anything.

First of all, I gave Medicated Metalworks plenty of times to handle the situation correctly. The reason I did not post anything up was because I gave them the opportunity to fix it right!! There is not anything fishy going on here except my experience with Medicated.Yes I guess it was my fault for believing that he was capable enough to bag my vehicle. I will post more evidence up later on today, maybe like a video of him and his crew laughing about how they catch dashes on fire. I really don't give a fuck what you think, I am still going through in court whether I collect anything at all or if the attorney does. All I wanted was my money back. Why would I take my vehicle back to someone who fucked it up so bad be realistic. Reason being it took so long too, I don't shit money I had to save my money for a while to get it running and about 6 months later I pulled the dash apart and thats what I saw.
baggedexpo   +1y

thacru78 said:

I hope y'all get it all worked out. Shit happens...just about anyone who has welded on a firewall with the dash in has started a little fire or 2...I keep a spray water bottle and an extinguisher on hand when i weld on firewalls for that exact reason. Looks like they might of walked away from it or weren't paying attention and it got WAY out of hand. They should of fixed it the right way though. Half assing the fix is why this was posted. They should of replaced the wireing harness, cleaned it up, and replaced anything else that had been damaged...regardless of the cost. Thats just my .02. I think the reason he waited so long to post it is because he just now realized what it looked like behind his dash...he stated he was low on funds and couldn't get it looked at immediately. I hope Medicated can make it right...they seem to be doing good work...I know they fixed a buddy of mines truck after is was fucked up by another shop.

Thank you, couldn't have stated it any better.
Pantydrpr   +1y
So you gave them a year to make things right, but you had the expo how long of that time? As I previously posted that if it was mine I would have made damn sure it was fixed before I picked it up, even if that meant checking on it in person by driving out there. And for buying another expo for the parts wouldn't it have been cheaper for someone strapped for cash to just go get the parts that were needed? I guess you will try and get that money out of small claims court too?
draggincaddy   +1y
only thing fishy is someone making an account just to comment in this thread.... urrrrmmmmm
baggedexpo   +1y

fiveinchbodydrop said:

only thing fishy is someone making an account just to comment in this thread.... urrrrmmmmm

Yes lol, thats what i was thinking.
Pantydrpr   +1y
No actually what is fishy is someone bad mouthing a shop and presenting pictures, but hasnt provided actual proof that the pictures weren't taken at medicated when it happened. It appears at quite a few shows that alot of good work has come from them. I'm not saying that they did or didn't make good on a fuck up, like others say..shit happens. But to not say anything after a year is bullshit.