Page 2 of 2
Mazda Projects \  lambo doors on corvette

lambo doors on corvette

Mazda Projects
views 3993
replies 11
following 9

pancake   +1y
The reason that not many people like "lambo doors" is because they aren't in fact lambo doors. If you ever saw that kosmic kolor'd eclipse from the mid 90's those were lambo doors. they lifted straight up with a pnuematic assist(not up and out.) They were built. These are just a kit. pay your 500 bucks and bolt it on. much like body kits. the only problem is. you bolt them to your inner fender well. I know that most of you know this but for those that don't I will say this. STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY... an inner fender well isn't made to take the compound action of these monstrocities hanging off. you now introduce torsion and flex into the same area. Not to mention that you open the door first like a regular door off a stock claw. Then swing this door up letting it be supported by an area that isn't meant to support it. Not a good idea... i mean if you like your car. That being said. So you are all dressed up going out to dinner like a grown up. Your lady is wearing a nice Dolce and Gabanna dress, you dressed to the nines in your finest Burberry now your chick if you are a heathen is over there wrestling with the door in her 3500 dollar cocktail dress trying to lift this hunk of junk up over her head and hop in the car before the wore out cylinder gives way and lops off her head like a russian czarina. In my not so humble opinion if you are going to try to do something with your doors kevorkian those bad boys. do it right spend the money and don't half ass it. This is just another thing for kids to spend money on when they aren't out buying 28's. same caliber of person does both. Rims and hinges and you got yourself a custom ride hahaa... well some guys go all out and put on vinyl and ground effects too. LOL
2slow5.0   +1y
wow..... story time