threads
Page 3 of 7
Mini Truckin General \  WYOTECH. . . . . . .. .

WYOTECH. . . . . . .. .

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 2290
replies 65
following 45

89s dime   +1y
what he said is pretty true cause its happened to me, the shop i worked at were like "wyotech who?" it sucked THEN AGAIN, a guy i went to school with got a job at Devious Customs right out of school.
streetsweeper1   +1y
Devious huh? who is your friend?
Lo94S-10   +1y
Edited: 11/25/2005 6:43:05 PM by Lo94S-10

Ok let's give Joe Blow (someone with little to no experience) a welder, plasma, sheet metal brake, english wheel, etc assorted tools required for metal fab, and give him 18 months to learn by himself or "On the job"(which at Wyotech would cost $22,000, not 10 months at $32,000). Then take Joe Blow the second, with equal prior exp., send him to Wyotech, or UTI, or whatever, (about the equivalent of 18 months) then give him the same tools, and we'll see who does a better job. No matter what you say or think, noone is going to be able to teach themselves how to do this shit, and end up a Steve Neilsen or Bob Grant. At SOME POINT in time you will have to have some kind of close up one on one hands on training with a pro. Hell, even Jesse James worked for Boyd Coddington. Some people just need to lighten up. People don't post here about their schooling to see some dick write "Oh your school sucks, you can learn more in the jobforce, balh blah blah." Bullshit. You can gain real life exp, yes, but you aren't going to become Sean Mahaney working at jimbobs bodyshop.

Lance696   +1y
ok Chris just so you know thats what they told my i was planning on going and they told me 32,000 for everything. i had to take 3 courses auto repair, trim, and streetrod and custom fab. i know what she told me smart ass and that was for 10 months so dont talk shit. i know i was going .
chevyman992002   +1y
im debating on whether or not to go to Wyotech. I met with the admissions rep a few weeks ago, and she told me that she would have no problem recommending me, i just gotta let her know when i want to start so she can come back and do the admissions papers. Im kinda leary quitting my job making almost $20/hr, going $25k in debt for the student loan, and then taking the chance of not getting a good job once I get out. I want to work in the custom industry more than anything, but i dont know if i'd be better off just saving up money and building a shop at my house and learning on my own. Just not sure what i want to do.
Lo94S-10   +1y
Edited: 11/26/2005 5:10:58 PM by Lo94S-10

Edited: 11/26/2005 5:09:44 PM by Lo94S-10

That's funny, Lance, because there's your 6 month core program, Auto repair, then there's two, count 'em, two 3 month programs, Street Rod, and Upholstery. That adds up to 12 months last I checked, and they would probably cost close to $32,000 (Although, why you'd want Automotive Tech with those two electives, is beyond me). Unless you were combining your electives, and I understand from what my recruiter told me, you can do after you've started class, and were through with your core program, MAYBE and that's not a guarantee. I'm enrolled for April, I AM going, My core program is Collision Refinishing, six months, and I'm enrolled for Street Rod.. A 3 month program, totalling 9 months with only two classes... It's only $22,000. I could scan the enrollment form. So I AM a smart ass, thanks.
treylos   +1y
dude i think wyotech would be a waste for $32,000. you could get all your tools need for what ever field you was persuing for $32,000 and get a job as a helper an learn every thing you wanted too and still get paid!!!!. i know people that went to schools like that and came out thinking they was top stuff only to find out they couldn't do shit!!! i wanted to go when i first started but i'm glad i didn't!!!!
treylos   +1y
Originally posted by Fatdaddyrobnutz

BEAU! My nigerian how ya been? I went to UTI and every body shop I talked to said "WOW, how much experience do you have? Just school? OK, 8 bucks an hour and you get to sweep floors." School sucks. find someone to apprentice with and do stuff on your own. If its not right redo it until you figure it out. Thats how I learned. That and buggin the hell out of older bodymen.

ROB COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER!!!!!!
streetsweeper1   +1y
Originally posted by Lo94S-10

Edited: 11/25/2005 6:43:05 PM by Lo94S-10

Ok let's give Joe Blow (someone with little to no experience) a welder, plasma, sheet metal brake, english wheel, etc assorted tools required for metal fab, and give him 18 months to learn by himself or "On the job"(which at Wyotech would cost $22,000, not 10 months at $32,000). Then take Joe Blow the second, with equal prior exp., send him to Wyotech, or UTI, or whatever, (about the equivalent of 18 months) then give him the same tools, and we'll see who does a better job. No matter what you say or think, noone is going to be able to teach themselves how to do this shit, and end up a Steve Neilsen or Bob Grant. At SOME POINT in time you will have to have some kind of close up one on one hands on training with a pro. Hell, even Jesse James worked for Boyd Coddington. Some people just need to lighten up. People don't post here about their schooling to see some dick write "Oh your school sucks, you can learn more in the jobforce, balh blah blah." Bullshit. You can gain real life exp, yes, but you aren't going to become Sean Mahaney working at jimbobs bodyshop.

First of all Jesse who? Secondly, did Bob Grant go to a jack off school? The answer is No... self taught. Steve Neilsen? same answer. They are brothers in law and started building together. Give me all those tools you mentioned and I'll fabricate a circle around any WyoTech/UTI grad with no experience. Before you talk out your ass do your homework.
Low_SST   +1y
Originally posted by Lance696

i was going to go to WYoTech. but they wanted 32,000 for 10 months and thats bullshit. im going to build streetrods and minitrucks i can learn from working in tha shop and on my own for cheaper ...

thats cheaper then most colleges.