threads
Page 4 of 7
Mini Truckin General \  WYOTECH. . . . . . .. .

WYOTECH. . . . . . .. .

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 2288
replies 65
following 45

Lo94S-10   +1y
Edited: 11/26/2005 9:28:04 PM by Lo94S-10

You know what? I typed out a whole long ass flame... But you aren't worth it. All I have to say is, NOBODY is truly self taught. SOMEONE has shown anyone who is in the business a thing or two. Obviously you know nothing, if you think you know it all. I'm willing to bet you $50,000 that the affore mentioned names didn't start fabricating shit without someone who showed them how to used the tools, or some techniques. That is teaching. Yes, experience is important, but if you don't have the basics, which are taught to you, experience will mean nothing, and you will not go far. Pull your head out of your ass, and stop flaming people because you can't stand seeing someone who wants to further themselves.
treylos   +1y
Hey i would just hate to see someone "further themselves" the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
streetsweeper1   +1y
Originally posted by Lo94S-10

You know what? I typed out a whole long ass flame... But you aren't worth it. All I have to say is, NOBODY is truly self taught. SOMEONE has shown anyone who is in the business a thing or two. Obviously you know nothing, if you think you know it all. I'm willing to bet you $50,000 that the affore mentioned names didn't start fabricating shit without someone who showed them how to used the tools, or some techniques. That is teaching. Yes, experience is important, but if you don't have the basics, which are taught to you, experience will mean nothing, and you will not go far. Pull your head out of your ass, and stop flaming people because you can't stand seeing someone who wants to further themselves. Bob grant was a bodyman before he did fabwork. You need I-Car certification to work at a bodyshop doing collision (which by the way, has nothing to do with teaching yourself CUSTOM FABRICATION) He also worked at a sheetmetal shop making air ducts. Is that a tech school??? I did'nt think so. Im talking about teaching yourself CUSTOM FABRICATION here without a tech school bro. Don't get all butt-hurt because you think you need WyoTech to teach you how to build. Go ahead waste your money... I'll take the same money and buy more tools, teach myself how to use them from ADVICE FROM OTHERS (which I mentioned earlier) and be 10 steps ahead of you and all your graduate friends.
ERIC-B   +1y
Edited: 11/26/2005 10:50:47 PM by ERIC-B

I was thinking of going to wyotech but the thought of the 30 grand bill and ruining my hobby by doing it for a living changed my mind. Sometimes people who do custom work for a living (paint, body work, fabwork ect) seem to lose the desire to do work on there own projects. Who wants to work 9 to 10 hours on a car or truck and put in another 9 to 10 hours on there own project?
treylos   +1y
Originally posted by ERIC-B

Edited: 11/26/2005 10:50:47 PM by ERIC-B

I was thinking of going to wyotech but the thought of the 30 grand bill and ruining my hobby by doing it for a living changed my mind. Sometimes people who do custom work for a living (paint, body work, fabwork ect) seem to lose the desire to do work on there own projects. Who wants to work 9 to 10 hours on a car or truck and put in another 9 to 10 hours on there own project?

Eric you are so right on that!!!!! sometimes instead of doing body work i wish i was doing something else for a living and doing body work as a hobbie, cause it is hard sometimes to put out 95 commission hours a week and still do work on your ride on the week end!
mtm   +1y
i was just looking at the one in penn. earlier...anybody know roughly what it costs for the auto body repair program?
Lo94S-10   +1y
Edited: 11/27/2005 2:45:02 PM by Lo94S-10

Edited: 11/27/2005 2:43:41 PM by Lo94S-10

Originally posted by streetsweeper1

Originally posted by Lo94S-10

You know what? I typed out a whole long ass flame... But you aren't worth it. All I have to say is, NOBODY is truly self taught. SOMEONE has shown anyone who is in the business a thing or two. Obviously you know nothing, if you think you know it all. I'm willing to bet you $50,000 that the affore mentioned names didn't start fabricating shit without someone who showed them how to used the tools, or some techniques. That is teaching. Yes, experience is important, but if you don't have the basics, which are taught to you, experience will mean nothing, and you will not go far. Pull your head out of your ass, and stop flaming people because you can't stand seeing someone who wants to further themselves. Bob grant was a bodyman before he did fabwork. You need I-Car certification to work at a bodyshop doing collision (which by the way, has nothing to do with teaching yourself CUSTOM FABRICATION) He also worked at a sheetmetal shop making air ducts. Is that a tech school??? I did'nt think so. Im talking about teaching yourself CUSTOM FABRICATION here without a tech school bro. Don't get all butt-hurt because you think you need WyoTech to teach you how to build. Go ahead waste your money... I'll take the same money and buy more tools, teach myself how to use them from ADVICE FROM OTHERS (which I mentioned earlier) and be 10 steps ahead of you and all your graduate friends.How sad.... You are a sad jealous, hateful little boy.. I do see it now. You're quite pathetic, really. It's ok, sombody out there loves you.Tech school or not, the way you've made it sound from the beginning is you don't need anyone or any help or anyone to teach you.

Remind me to stay away from any custom shop you're affiliated with.
streetsweeper1   +1y
You really showed me bro.
BILLS620   +1y
Edited: 11/27/2005 5:44:10 PM by BILLS620

U KNOW I THOUGHT IT WAS A WASTE OF MONEY . WHEN I FIRST CHECKED INTO IT 10YRS AGO FOR A REFRESHER COURSE. WHAT A WASTE. I JUST BEEN DOING IT ON MY OWN THE LAST 18YRS. DON'T GET ME WRONG ,I'VE LEARNED A FEW THINGS ALONG THE WAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE,BUT MOST OF IT IS TRIAL AND ERROR
89s dime   +1y
Originally posted by MCALLI

i was just looking at the one in penn. earlier...anybody know roughly what it costs for the auto body repair program?

collision/refinishing (6 month block)street rodand ASM (buisness)

25 Gs