threads
Page 5 of 7
Mini Truckin General \  WYOTECH. . . . . . .. .

WYOTECH. . . . . . .. .

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 2289
replies 65
following 45

stockflooredsdime   +1y
Edited: 11/28/2005 12:25:13 AM by stockflooredsdime

Edited: 11/27/2005 6:51:07 PM by stockflooredsdime

You know whats really sad is the fact that you have fallen into the trap of believing that Wyotech is going to put you ahead of the game. Its simple supply and demand, if you have seen the commercial 50 times chances are all your peers have also seen it, therefore, once you go and get all your fancy certifications, all the jobs you were hoping for have already been filled by others who also went to the same school (or similar schools) & saw the same commercial. In that case I would say that the supply has definitely met the demand and eventually there will be an oversupply of qualified individuals. Of course if your Mom & Dad are paying for it you should go it couldnt hurt, but if your going to be paying on the loan I would advise you to save your money.

mtm   +1y
Originally posted by 89s dime

Originally posted by MCALLI

i was just looking at the one in penn. earlier...anybody know roughly what it costs for the auto body repair program?

collision/refinishing (6 month block)street rodand ASM (buisness)

25 Gs

forget that
wht01ranger   +1y
man u could further yerself a whole lot with 30k

u could do lotta bodywork with that

calf implants, ass implants, some lypo, and penis growth formula plan would get u set fo lyfe, you'd be one fine lookin brotha

or shit, you could buy a lifetime supply of naked barbies
stockflooredsdime   +1y
.....or a fat ass down payment on a house in Georgia.
jbaker72157   +1y
I didn't go to wyotech, I went to NADC, they might be different but not by much I'm guessing. Everyone on here has a point you will learn some at the school, but most of that will be from other students or everyone once in a while there will be a good teacher who will teach you alot, but you will get most of your skills by working in a shop with someone. It is a waste of money in some ways, but if you don't have anyway of teaming up with someone to teach you, a school might be your only hope.
blindinya004   +1y
I'm going to go with Chris B. dudes i am not doing this to go work sweeping at someones bullshit bodyshop. I am doing this to better educate myself and to be well rounded in this area. I want to know every possible resource(tools) i need to further my career. SEMA is my goal. I got these ideas man. THANKS CHRIS B for keeping my motivation level high.

ITS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT........ YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE.
Deflaytedwayz1   +1y
wow! i guess you truly find out what people really think about you on here. i.e. kyle parscal streetsweeper1. you see i became a "friend" to this guy after graduating from wyotech. i went there knowing not a god damn thing about just about anything. now it did cost a shitload of money, but i didn't have anyone in the field to teach me or the space and tools to learn on my own. i believe in his first comment that i was the "shop sweeper" he was speaking about because i came back and worked for his friend and fellow club member arami (streetsweeper2). now with a little experience from wyotech i had a decent job i prpbably couldn't have had before going there. and while i did learn a lot there, i also taught things to the man that owned the shop that maybe he hadn't known. even though i am not currently employed in the field i was trained in i still do sidework and hope that in the future more can be taken from my education. i would like to know why mr. parscal is so damn closed minded about just about anything. if your truck isn't body dropped and HELLA sick than you're just not cool enough to talk to this guy. it's a very unfortunate thing because he has a good amount of talent and can go far in life if he opened his eyes and realized everything doesn't have to be built to his standards.

now on the note of why this thread was started.
I went to the wyoming campus and learned a lot! it is definately a fast paced school and you only get out of it what you put in. there is a ton of knowledge to receive at any school you just have to want it. good luck to anyone that is going to or is planning on going to a tech school. you do have to realize that you're going to be coming out of there as someone with a little bit of training not a damn professional so don't expect the top pay.
streetsweeper1   +1y
Originally posted by Deflaytedwayz1

wow! i guess you truly find out what people really think about you on here. i.e. kyle parscal streetsweeper1. you see i became a "friend" to this guy after graduating from wyotech. i went there knowing not a god damn thing about just about anything. now it did cost a shitload of money, but i didn't have anyone in the field to teach me or the space and tools to learn on my own. i believe in his first comment that i was the "shop sweeper" he was speaking about because i came back and worked for his friend and fellow club member arami (streetsweeper2). now with a little experience from wyotech i had a decent job i prpbably couldn't have had before going there. and while i did learn a lot there, i also taught things to the man that owned the shop that maybe he hadn't known. even though i am not currently employed in the field i was trained in i still do sidework and hope that in the future more can be taken from my education. i would like to know why mr. parscal is so damn closed minded about just about anything. if your truck isn't body dropped and HELLA sick than you're just not cool enough to talk to this guy. it's a very unfortunate thing because he has a good amount of talent and can go far in life if he opened his eyes and realized everything doesn't have to be built to his standards.

now on the note of why this thread was started.I went to the wyoming campus and learned a lot! it is definately a fast paced school and you only get out of it what you put in. there is a ton of knowledge to receive at any school you just have to want it. good luck to anyone that is going to or is planning on going to a tech school. you do have to realize that you're going to be coming out of there as someone with a little bit of training not a damn professional so don't expect the top pay.

Kenny, I read what you wrote about me and My anger about WyoTech is directed towards the guys on the forum who are trying to tell all who don't go to the school that they are worthless and will go nowhere. I don't agree with that at all. I NEVER was reffering to you as a shop sweeper. I know alot more people than just you who have gone to that school from my hometown. So again, the shop sweeper comment was not reffering to you at all. I was under the impression you were a fabricator at Arami's shop. (at least that's what you put on your "My Space profile" and I've seen your truck and I have given you nothing but positive reinforcement from what I can see. and I consider you a man with skill, who can paint, and you have proven your skill with your latest paint job i've seen. Im sorry you got the impression that I thought I was better than you, That was never my intention and I still don't know how you got that impression. If you are reffering to our club standards, you must understand one thing. We have high standards not for the purpose of keeping people who are what you would say, "not as good as us" out of the club. We push our prospects hard so they can realise their own talents and I have helped everyone of them along the way. Arami and I did a stockfloor bodydrop with a full custom frame for one of our members FOR FREE. I want nothing more but to help people find the same happiness I have found in this sport and that has always been my intention for you. Your right about something you wrote on there: You get out of Wyotech what you put in there that's true. I wish you the best with your carrer and I hope there are no hard feelings here because I still care alot about your friendship. Take care of yourself.
shortyzkustomz   +1y
Edited: 12/8/2005 3:06:36 PM by ShortyzKustomz

I didnt learn a thing in the buisness class or refinishing class, I did get alot better at welding and collision, And I learned alot in Street Rod... I will def say Street Rod made the other BS worth it, I did my shaved bodyline and made my skin and fillers in that class too, heres some pics

http://www.nissanminis.com/album_personal.php?user_id=7211

Alot of the people that went there and said it was worthless didn't work hard there, Atleast alot of the ones I've dealt with. They goof off the whole time and act like they know more then everyone, Those are the people that bash the school. (Not everyone that dislikes the school is like this) I'll admit there is alot of BS. Alot of the rules and such suck, like wrecking a lowered truck on the way to school and them taking points for being late. But Street Rod will help me in the future...All in all if they just offered Street Rod and Chassis fab and you didnt have to take a core class, It would be much better.
rlfknlorangers   +1y
wyotech was far from a waste....i got out of there in june 2 years ago...and got a job right away making 4 times what i would be if i didnt go to school....and i learned more up there in less time then you could ever hope to learn in a shop..the way they teach..somehow you learn to section rockers weld, do body work, and many other things in like a week...and you cant move on till you perfect it all...but the way the school is run and they way things are taught your learn how to "perfect" things real quick. i learned more in that 9 months, then i even thought was possible...going there was the best things i ever did, except for that damn 8 hour sand paper lecture...that was murder