Page 7 of 7
Mini Truckin General \  project fleetside/dually S10

project fleetside/dually S10

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 9093
replies 65
following 26

flamesaway   +1y
Thanks Jey. You should have come over to see it. LOL not really much to see.
forddave85   +1y
Originally posted by flamesaway

nice truck man. i like it i have a ranger that i am dueing up... will i like your truck

post photo
rolnlow   +1y
that crewcab s-10 with the dually wheels is my buddys truck and he is putting in a turbo diesel motor this winter, it got a SBC 350 in it right now, he is getting the diesel motor out of a 80's style caprice that is came with from the factory. the only difference between the diesel and the 350 is the diesel at the valve covers is like 4" wider
STUD1Y   +1y
Originally posted by rolnlow

that crewcab s-10 with the dually wheels is my buddys truck and he is putting in a turbo diesel motor this winter, it got a SBC 350 in it right now, he is getting the diesel motor out of a 80's style caprice that is came with from the factory. the only difference between the diesel and the 350 is the diesel at the valve covers is like 4" wider

that and the 350 diesel is a TURD. They weren't turboed in the Olds... and they're known for premature head gasket failure.

They have a really short stroke, so they're consider extremely high compression.. They pretty much rip head bolts off.

The crankshaft is also known to break do to weak bolts.

tell him to consider buying a duramax for it.
rolnlow   +1y
on yeah we all have tried but the money was a issue and he is getting the diesel for free, you it not turdoed he is buy a aftermarket turbo of some kind and is going make it work.
I would love to put a duramax in a mini that would be crazy
flamesaway   +1y
I think he should do a duramax also. Or just leave a SBC in it. Sometimes people go down the wrong road just to be "different" or "the first" to do it. Did he ever change the tires to something safe yet?