Page 7 of 9
American Cars \  crown vic pics

crown vic pics

American Cars General Discussions
views 5800
replies 84
following 23

20runner   +1y
I disagree. The stock watts link should work just fine with layin it out on 18's. My car sat 4 inches off the ground with 20's on it with the axle hitting the frame. On an 18, you might have to notch one side of the frame or maybe the crossmember. I'd try to make it work since it's already there. But that's just what I'd do... Then again, I threw all that away and did independent!!!
Bigrick31   +1y
my goal is to lay body eventually. were starting with the frame for now then later on going to the body.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Ricky also told me he wants a flip up notch cover to show off the suspension, so if the stock Watt's is ugly, its gone anyways.
Bigrick31   +1y
wurd!
PimpinMidgets   +1y
Id have to agree...I wouldnt say ditch it if you are going to run 18s...I never tried to use it because I had to step and tub...but with 18s if you can position them on the axle so that you can get it to lay you would be laughing...again on that older towncar that we did the static on we had it on 18s and it was C notched out back just so it wouldnt hit frame...and it rode ok...I think you should be able to lay body on the 18s with a simple C in the back and you might be able to utilize most of the stock suspension.....maybe some minor adjustment to mounting eyelets..because they might max out.....like Townlow i ditched it all and redid it with a new setup all together......kinda..i still used the stock rear axle...

PimpinMidgets   +1y
Originally posted by iLLblazer

Jan the new car is sick.

Thanks Joel!
HarryBalls   +1y
the stock watts link is on that merc im talking about. It sits above and in front of the pumpkin at an angle. Main problem is that the center bar is to short so your range of travel is very ,very limited. Maybe its diff on a crown vic/town car......idk hope that helps
PimpinMidgets   +1y
yea we tried to look at ways of using that thing...but with the big wheels and where that thing would sit off the front of the pumpkin...i wouldnt have a rear seat...and that wasnt an option
TwistedMinis   +1y
They mount the watts on the front of the axle? Thats probably going away then. I don't want to sacrifice seat room.
smctoy   +1y
I think this is project is going to be sic!!