American Cars \  crown vic pics

crown vic pics

American Cars General Discussions
views 5806
replies 84
following 23

Bigrick31   +1y
Originally posted by smcprez

I think this is project is going to be sic!!

thanks im wicked stoked about it! cant wait to see what Seth does with it.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Only a few more weeks now Ricky.

I'm supposed to get my keys this Monday (crosses fingers) as long as the realtor doesn't go on vacation. Have you figured out what I need to buy for wiring yet?
Bigrick31   +1y
I talked to Jeremy yesterday so some of the stuff i cant get from the current job i am on he is going to try and grab from the company he works for. so still looks like you should just have to buy conduit, outlets and box covers. ill make a phone call to my uncle tomorrow as well and see if i can grab more stuff from his shop.
20runner   +1y
Unless you are going to cantilever the rear suspension, the stock watts link, short rocker and all, will have enough suspension travel. You think stock Town Cars only have a few inches travel? NO WAY. If all else fails since you are probably going to bridge it, just raise the mounts on the frame to the middle point of your suspension travel. If you are worried about the back seat hitting the stock watts link, maybe you should be more worried about the driveshaft tunnel instead. There is a lot of room in front of axle for a watts link, shit, I have control arms that are deeper than the stock axle and watts link. But not on the backside since the gas tank is there on the stock setup.
To everyone there own, but to this day, I have not cut one part of the body of my car to get the rear to sit as low as it does. THAT's why I did independent. And I don't like the look of the front have 45 degrees negative camber and the back having zero. My rear suspension is set up to go 2.5" lower already, which will lay body, just need to tub the rear.
Bigrick31   +1y
I personally like the look of an IRS especially on a car. If it comes to it and its within my budget id love to have one on my car. oh and TOWNLOW just saw a little pic of your town car in the new mini truckin
TwistedMinis   +1y
I have a Jag IRS we could possibly use Ricky. Would need the rear hubs drilled because they are 4.75". But its already pretty narrow, and I scored it pretty cheap.
Bigrick31   +1y
Sick! Sold!
20runner   +1y
Gonna have to mod that JAG rearend. I don't think they camber, and they're u'joints, not CV. My Corvette rearend is the same way and it only gets about 10" of travel.
TwistedMinis   +1y
They do camber, just depends where you mount it. With the axles point up a few degrees they camber to about 5 degrees. If you mount the brake calipers on the top side you can get even more camber. The jag axle I can cycle about 12 inches. 10 inches is more than necessary. I've never had the need to lift my truck up more than about 3 inches other than to change the tires.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Either way though, not a big deal to modify it, and its already fairly narrow.