Page 6 of 9
American Cars \  crown vic pics

crown vic pics

American Cars General Discussions
views 5804
replies 84
following 23

TwistedMinis   +1y
4mm is about 5/32" which is just a little more than 1/8". That shouldn't make too much if a difference.
20runner   +1y
a +31 on a 2000 chassis will definately clear the fenders with room to spare. Being that you only want to run 18's, I'd worry about the turning radius and rubbing on the lower control arm or tie rod. But I don't know if that is a concern, but could possibly be since that car should take a zero offset.
Bigrick31   +1y
Kick ass! So any recomendation on tire size? I thought I had some but turns out my mom thought they were junk and tossed them.
PimpinMidgets   +1y
The other good news with running 18s is I think you can probably get it to lay out in the front..and perhaps in theback with minimal work. Many years ago we did a static drop on a Towncar I believe that it was a 95..and it was 3/4" off the ground at the lowest point.....so the frame for the most part should be the same as your crown vic...I believe all they did was minor control arm changes and added the rear watts link in with a paralell 4linke......what year is your car? I think the watts came out in 98, It may actually cause you some headaches with trying to position bags around it...
Bigrick31   +1y
my car is a 00. I have the 4.6 motor I think the watts links were in the 5.0 motors.
PimpinMidgets   +1y
nah..the watts link came out in 98 im pretty sure..mine had it in there...before that I believe that they were a tri-4link...
HarryBalls   +1y
right on^^......there should be a watts link in a '00. Ditch it!!!
Bigrick31   +1y
that's why Im having Seth do it he'll know exactly what to do with that junk LOL.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by HarryBalls

right on^^......there should be a watts link in a '00. Ditch it!!!

Why do you say ditch it? Is the stock watts link not a good design? I haven't been under the car too much, all I have seen is the parallel 4-link, with one bar about half the length of the other.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Jan the new car is sick.